What Is A Service Dog ~
A Service Dog is trained to perform specific tasks to mitigate a person's disability
and behave in public.
These dogs are pets and are like Elementary School graduates;
This dog is well-trained and like a High School graduate;
This dog is a Service Dog and has a Master's Degree.
1) A Service Dog is never protective.
2) A Service Dog will not eliminate when working.
3) A Service Dog will not pay attention to distractions.
4) A Service Dog will always come to their handler on cue.
5) A Service Dog does not growl, or show teeth when working.
6) A Service Dog will not eat anything off the floor when working.
7) A Service Dog will always stay even if the handler goes out of sight.
8) A Service Dog will not wander even if the leash is dropped by the handler.
9) A Service Dog will not seek out attention or sniff people as they walk by.
10) A Service Dog will focus on their handler, not on anyone or any thing else.
11) A Service Dog will always go under the table when cued at a restaurant.
About S.O.S. Dog Training -
Why we're different and how we can help
As professional dog trainers we can help you to get your dog to focus on you.
(instead of that person passing by or maybe a squirrel!!).
Knowledge and experience are necessary to ensure that you get the results you need.
Here are the training methods used by SOS Dog Training:
1) Positive re-enforcement is the best way to get the results you want. I will guide you through the process from won't do task, to will do task, to wants to do task.
2) Over correction will undermine your progress. SOS Dog Training will help ensure that your training doesn't go "one step forward, then two steps back".
3) As challenging as it may be, there are no "quick fixes", "Slow Is Fast". Trying to train too quickly will frustrate both trainer and the dog.
4) You will be instructed on how to work with your dog using effective techniques that are applied at the pace your dog can handle, providing you with good results.
Certification Counsel of Professional Dog Trainers as well as Association of Profession Dog Trainers are In Progress
Frequently Asked Questions
"SPEAK" / CONTACT US
Have a question that isn't answered by our Frequently Asked Questions above?
Feel free to contact S.O.S. Dog Training through the social links to the left,
use the contact form below, or by direct email, click here.